- In today’s cloud-native world wherein infrastructure as code adoption is soaring and building cloud environments at scale requires reproducibility and resilience, the ability to change and grow infrastructure quickly is prioritized from the start. It's intriguing then, that for so many of us, “cloud security” is associated only with addressing misconfigurations and compliance violations after […]
- Jenkins Pipeline is a powerful tool when you are using Jenkins to automate your deployments. Flexible and customized actions split between stages are a good reason to try this feature. Building your own Docker Image and uploading it to Docker Hub to keep your repository updated is a good example to understand how Jenkins Pipelines […]
- Sysdig is a universal system visibility tool with support for containers. What makes Sysdig special, is that it hooks itself into the machine's kernel and segregates the information on a per-container basis.For the scope of this tutorial, we will focus on the open-source version of Sysdig. In the next sections, you will:
- Kubernetes supports over 30 Admission Controllers. Subsequent to Authorization and Authentication, Admission Controllers are the final step in a 3-step process before Kubernetes persists the resource in etcd (a consistent and highly-available key value store used as Kubernetes’ backing store for all cluster data). Some relevant Admission Controllers to secure running containers are: PodSecurityPolicy: this option […]
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) offers various resources and services to help you build SaaS and PaaS solutions, however, the challenge is to achieve and maintain performance efficiency that has its own important share in delivering business value. This article highlights some of the best practices for designing and operating reliable, secure, efficient, and cost-effective cloud […]
- If you’re an experienced DevOps engineer you want to find the most efficient tools for your work. However, the variety of services available is so big that you physically can’t try them all. That’s the reason why the majority of DevOps engineers limit themselves to a shortlist of tools such as Docker, Jenkins, Kubernetes, Puppet, […]
- There are two types of containers that are oriented to solve different problems. System Containers — one of the oldest container types, which is quite similar to virtual machines. It is a stateful, operating system-centric solution that can run multiple processes. System containers are usually used for traditional or monolithic applications, as they allow to […]
- What Is Incident Classification? Incident classification is a standardized way of organizing incidents with established categories. Incidents can include outages caused by errors in code, hardware failures, resource deficits — anything that disrupts normal operations. Each new incident should fit into a category dependent on the areas of the service affected, and in a ranking […]
- Git is an essential and popular version control system. It has many powerful features like distributed version control system and easy to use. Also, it offers a powerful branching strategy and much more. Also, many git best practices help to use Git more effectively and productively.
- In today's modern world, infrastructure faces a complex challenge of managing user's access to the resources. Software applications and services need to collaborate to accomplish business challenges. When we think about Red Hat 3Scale, we think about APIs. So what exactly are APIs?
- What Are the Hottest Application Areas for the Internet of Things Right Now? IoT Analytics continues to track in which verticals most IoT projects are happening. The latest 2020 analysis shows that most IoT projects still happen in Manufacturing/Industrial settings, with verticals such as Transportation/Mobility, Energy, Retail, and Healthcare having also increased their relative share […]
- Introduction The purpose of this article is to give you an overview of how to capture events from MQTT enabled IoT sensors/devices and monitors it via ELK stack. After capturing events, you could either store it in event-stores or in time-series database for further processing.
- As we look forward to 2020 and begin to understand the impact 5G will have across all industries, the implementation of IoT solutions will play an increasing role across business applications and throughout the community. Even though some common IoT current trends are quite visible across all the industries, the industry-specific foresight should not be […]
- In this tutorial, I’ll show you how to grab temperature from a Raspberry Pi and build an endpoint to store the data, with Go. You will learn: How to retrieve the temperature from a sensor How to send that data in JSON Build an API endpoint to receive it Store the data in SQLite database […]
- In this blog post, I'd like to show you how I could quickly improve an old project with Modern C++. Thanks to using the newest compilers and free code analysis checkers, you can cover and modernize a lot of code. Intro If you have a terrible code like: