- We want to make sure that you are designing and building AWS-powered applications in the best possible way. Back in 2015 we launched AWS Well-Architected to make sure that you have all of the information that you need to do this right. The framework is built on five pillars: Operational Excellence – The ability to […]
- Launched at AWS re:Invent 2018, Amazon Sagemaker Ground Truth is a capability of Amazon SageMaker that makes it easy to annotate machine learning datasets. Customers can efficiently and accurately label image, text and 3D point cloud data with built-in workflows, or any other type of data with custom workflows. Data samples are automatically distributed to […]
- Late last year I told you about AWS Outposts and invited you to Order Yours Today. As I told you at the time, this is a comprehensive, single-vendor compute and storage offering that is designed to meet the needs of customers who need local processing and very low latency in their data centers and on […]
What’s New at AWS
- Amazon EMR now supports encrypting log files using Customer-managed CMKs in AWS Key Management Service (KMS)Amazon EMR now supports encrypting log files using Customer-managed Customer master keys (CMKs) stored in AWS Key Management Service (KMS). Amazon EMR automatically upload log files to Amazon S3 when logging and debugging is enabled With this new feature, you can associate Customer managed CMKs in AWS KMS when launching a cluster. Amazon EMR will […]
- Amazon EMR now supports Managed Scaling, a new feature that automatically resizes your EMR cluster for best performance at the lowest possible cost, without the need to specify scaling policies. You can reduce up to 60% cost compared with fixed-size clusters by setting the minimum and maximum compute resource limits for a cluster.
- Amazon Kendra is a highly accurate and easy to use enterprise search service powered by machine learning. Starting today, AWS customers can use AWS PrivateLink to access Amazon Kendra from their Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (Amazon VPC) without using public IPs or requiring the traffic to traverse the Internet. AWS PrivateLink provides secure connectivity between […]
- AWS Firewall Manager has introduced new pre-configured rules to help customers audit their VPC security groups and get detailed reports of non-compliance from a central administrator account. This feature makes it easier for customers to centrally audit their security groups using pre-configured rules they can readily enable out of box across their accounts and resources, […]
- Amazon EC2 Spot Instances let you take advantage of unused Amazon EC2 capacity. Spot Instances are available at up to a 90% discount compared to On-Demand prices. You can use Spot Instances for various stateless, fault-tolerant, or flexible applications such as big data, containerized workloads, CI/CD, web servers, high-performance computing (HPC), and other test & […]
- AWS Direct Connect is now live at MedOne in Haifa, Israel. This is the first AWS Direct Connect location in Israel. Customers in Israel can now locally establish a dedicated network connection from their on-premises to AWS. Using AWS Direct Connect, you can establish private connectivity between AWS and your datacenter, office, or colocation environment, […]
- AWS now offers the Migration Acceleration Program (MAP) for Storage. MAP for Storage provides services, best practices, and tools to help our customers save costs, accelerate their migrations, and modernize their storage workloads on AWS.
- Starting today, AWS Marketplace offers integrated third-party software solutions for AWS Control Tower. Built by independent software vendors, these solutions help solve infrastructure and operational use cases such as security for a multi-account environment, with tools including centralized networking, operational intelligence, and Security and Information Event Management (SIEM).
- Starting today, AWS customers can enable Spot Instances for AWS Marketplace Amazon Machine Image (AMI) products while launching new instances through the EC2 console Launch Instance Wizard (LIW). With this launch, you can reduce costs on the EC2 instances you need to run your third-party software on AWS. Spot Instances enable you to request unused […]
- Looking out for the AWS security best practices? Here we bring the most common and simple best practices of AWS security that will strengthen the security of your AWS cloud infrastructure. Cloud computing has become a staple requirement for enterprises in almost every sector, with a growing emphasis on resource effectiveness. Infrastructure as a Service […]
- In the modern cloud computing world, most applications use caching to reduce latency and improve performance for read-heavy workloads. In any application, caching plays an important role and can be applied to various layers such as database, UI layer (Session Management), file system, and operating system. While implementing caching, it is important to understand whether […]
- The faster adoption of cloud services has been a game-changer for many enterprises all over the world. Now, businesses could deliver their services faster than ever to end-users, all because of the cloud. As the demand for availability and performance increases, enterprises are looking for advanced solutions to address these concerns. The AWS Global Accelerator […]
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) has launched a Porting Assistant for .NET, allowing users to bring their apps from the 18-year-old, Windows-only .NET Framework to its successor, the open source and cross-platform .NET Core.
- In preview since December, CodeGuru, a machine learning-based developer tool from Amazon Web Services (AWS), became generally available this week.
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) this week announced the beta release of Honeycode, a service that lets users build mobile and Web applications with no coding.
- Previously, I compared all database options offered by AWS for you. In this post, I compare the availabl
- There are many ways to build on AWS. When shaping the strategy for your organization, the following two options should be on your shortli
- An API gateway acts as an API front-end that receives API requests from clients and forwards them to back-end services. Typically, an API
- Hello, forgive me if this is not the place to ask for help related to this, but I can't find any resource to help me with this issue: My company emails are hosted right now with WorkMail, but we want to migrate to G-Suite. I created the G-Suite accounts, redirected the DNS and I want […]
- Is anyone else missing the Refresh button from AWS SQS following the recent UI update? Any thoughts on how to get it back? submitted by /u/TheCrunchyFerrett [link] [comments]
- Hey guys, we've pioneered a new way of using Amazon Polly which nobody else has done. https://designs.ai/videomaker converts text to video with Amazon Polly voiceovers and marries the output with auto-suggested stock images, footage and audio files. Because we use voiceovers to time the scenes, we are able to remove the problems of timeline manipulation […]
- What are people's approaches for deploying changes to a typical Serverless stack? E.g R53>Cloudfront>S3(react.js)>ApiGW>Lambda>Dynamo There are numerous approaches for each component like Canary deployments for API Gateway or Lambda but was wondering how people approach the whole stack? submitted by /u/cloudbloke [link] [comments]
- I have an old aws basic account provided by my university. I am trying to create a new instance but getting the error in the title while choosing Ubuntu AMI. I have tried it by changing the region to different places, but it did not work. Please help me. submitted by /u/flubbergrubbery [link] [comments]
- Failure to deploy node.js app following steps in the AWS tutorial "Deploying a Node.js application with DynamoDB to Elastic Beanstalk"Greetings wisdom of AWS, I'm following the AWS tutorial "Deploying a Node.js application with DynamoDB to Elastic Beanstalk" from scratch. I'm stuck at the "Deployment" step => https://docs.aws.amazon.com/elasticbeanstalk/latest/dg/nodejs-dynamodb-tutorial.html#nodejs-dynamodb-tutorial-deploy When I upload the zip of the source code for deployment, I keep receiving the following error messages: Failed to deploy application. Failed Environment update activity. Reason: […]
- Back in October of 2019 (in what seems like another lifetime), Nicki Stone and I presented a talk at Serverlessconf 2019 on solving BIG…Continue reading on A Cloud Guru »
- Infrastructure as Code on AWS in a familiar language — the right way with InGraphInGraph is CloudFormation in Python syntax instead of YAMLTLDR; check out the project called InGraphI’m on the record as preferring declarative infrastructure as code (IaC) to imperative versions, such as the AWS CDK. I believe that declarative IaC has a lower total cost of ownership (TCO).But […]
- The complete guide to swag from the biggest cloud conference in the world — it was the year of the reusable strawWell, it’s December 2019 and you know what that means — it’s AWS re:Invent time again! While the announcement of new services are great, let’s get to the real fun — a swag review from the biggest cloud conference in the world.This […]
- These are more what you'd call "guidelines" than actual rules, but they certainly can help you navigate the waters of building SaaS on AWS.
- A quick look at building, testing, and deploying AWS Lambda based apps and how to set yourself up for success.
- At Trek10 we see our fair share of errors when using python boto3. Here's how we handle them exceptionally well.